A downloadable game for Windows
Defeat the Corruption in this tactical JRPG! Unite, evolve, and empower celestial deities and legendary mortals to defeat beings of unbound darkness! Drawing from games such as Final Fantasy, Soul Lapse is the child of the Surreal and the Commandline, packed together in detailed ASCII art. Written in Windows Batch, with only a little VBScript to aid in music.
About 2 weeks ago I started coding for a Batch RPG with elements common to those in Japanese games, which I would later find out is a sub-genre of it's own : a "JRPG". This includes the usual cast of anime stereotypes, unfair gacha systems, and vast worlds of fantastical wonder. At any rate, I've played a couple of these games myself, and I tried to emulate such an effect in the creation of Soul Lapse.
- Gacha System
- All female cast of 14 unique characters
- Unique passive abilities for each
- 15 level campaign, dream-like narration
- Fully coloured, hand made ASCII art
- Soundtrack & Sound effects, Save system
- Critical Hit System
- Evolve System (each level, a random Evolution Path is chosen to evolve characters at a cost)
- Relic System (each level, certain artifacts are chosen that give special effects that may or may not help the level)
How to read the character stats:
name, passive ability, health, attack, number of turns, health to activate passive ability, and critical chance
Once you get new characters, you can put them in Characters.txt to change up your party.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.